Having recently celebrated the opening of our new Welcome Centre, we are now pleased to offer an exciting new volunteering opportunity. This role is perfect for those who love talking to new people about heritage and nature. There is also the option to be in the heart of the action at events and family activity days throughout the year.
Our Visitor Experience volunteers will have the opportunity to get involved in:
The Welcome Centre
- Greeting visitors and being the first point of contact at the Country Park;
- Booking and signing in visitors for events, workshops and activities;
- Providing information, assisting with general enquiries about the Country Park, keeping up to date on events, happening in the Country Park and wildlife sightings;
- Processing ticket and shop sales;
- Assisting with the upkeep of the Welcome Centre, basic cleaning and tidying tasks and decorating the space.
Country Park Events
- Stewarding duties, providing information to visitors and assisting with queries for a variety of events throughout the year;
- Engaging with children and families in the ‘craft shed’;
- Assisting with the set-up and take-down of events;
- Assisting with evaluation by taking surveys and recording visitor numbers.
If you would like to know more, please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01202 127770. We look forward to hearing from you!
Inside the new Welcome Centre