Why we collect and how we may use your personal information
We will collect enough personal information in order to, where relevant:
- respond to any enquiries by email or through our online contact form
- provide you with services relevant to your use and enjoyment of the Country Park
- manage any bookings or hire of Upton House and/or the Estate grounds and outbuildings
- manage any bookings for council-led events or activities held at Upton Country Park
- manage the application process, membership and administration of our various volunteer groups
- check the quality of our events, activities and services, which may include conducting surveys
- administer our Park News email service, keeping you up to date with news and events at Upton Country Park (more below)
- we may also contact you in a situation when as a local authority we have a duty to inform residents, visitors and other park users.
We are not permitted to collect information we do not need or will not use. If we don’t need your personal information we won’t ask you for it; if we already have it we will keep the details anonymous. If we use your personal information for research or analysis, we will always keep your details anonymous or use a fake name, unless we request and receive your express permission to use them.
Your information will not be shared with any third party without your express permission; neither will it be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we may be required to do so by law.
Please refer to the full BCP Council Privacy notice at https://www.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/Privacy/Privacy-notice.aspx for further details about the collection and use of personal data by the council, information governance and security policies.
Any questions or concerns?
If you have a concern about how we are using your information, we would ask you to contact us in the first instance:-
The Estate Office is open Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm, and on Saturday & Sunday from 10am – 4pm.
Park News Newsletters
Our Park News Delivery Service is managed by MailChimp, an external email marketing service employed by Upton Country Park; you are given the opportunity to subscribe or unsubscribe to it within the newsletters you receive. If you are an existing subscriber you will also be able to update your existing details, for instance if you change your email address. You will only receive Park News items; we will not use the list for any other purpose.
You may also unsubscribe here if you wish; simply click this link and enter your email address.
First published 19th August 2011, last updated 5th November 2020