A FREE weekly fix of health & wellbeing!
First session this Sunday, 13th May and weekly throughout the summer
We are delighted to welcome a new, regular, free outdoor activity for park users – Park Yoga – suitable for all ages & abilities, including children. Sessions will be held on the Back Lawn (behind Upton House) every Sunday morning, 9.30-10.30am so roll up your mat and have a go! Sessions run from 13th May – 2nd September.
Park Yoga is a project funded by the Fine Family Foundation which also provides free outdoor yoga sessions in Bournemouth & Weymouth.
Elsewhere in the park this month:
- Also on 13th May – the Beacon Carnival Fundraising Fun Run, 5k and 1.5 mile runs, registration from 10am, optional fancy dress.
- The Summer Splash Fountain is open! In the Walled Garden, twice daily between 11am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm.
- The Plant Centre is open, 12am – 4pm, 6 days a week (closed Mondays)
- Get Up and Bounce will be bringing their bouncy castles to the Activity Area during half term (Monday 28th May – Friday 1st June). Charges apply, availability subject to weather conditions, please check our Facebook page for updates nearer the time.
- Also this half term Dorset Wild Trust invite you to a ‘Wild Child’ Party in Grove Wood, 2nd June, to celebrate the start of their #30dayswild campaign, suitable for children 5 – 11 years, £5 per child.
- In the Tea Rooms – we have launched a new Buy 7 get 1 free coffee loyalty card scheme, don’t miss out. We are also offering Afternoon Tea for Two for £15, booking required, details at our Tea Rooms page
- In the Gallery Upstairs (above the Tea Rooms) from 10th – 21st May, a Circles + Exhibition by the Betwixt group of Textile Artists; then from 25th May ‘Modernism meets Upton Country Park’ a PEDAS exhibition as part of Dorset Art Weeks
- Our regular ‘Nature Journal’ drawing classes with Julie Herring continue throughout the summer for 16 yrs+, £15 per session, all abilities welcome
Information on all activities is available at our ‘Upcoming Events‘ listing or you can call us on 01202 262753 for further details.
Come and enjoy all the Country Park has to offer, spring has truly sprung and the grounds are looking beautiful!