Latest guidance on how to enjoy your visit safely
Aerial photo courtesy of Lovesy Photography
In line with recent government guidance we re-opened our main gates and car parks on 13th May. We ask that all visitors remain patient and respectful of social distancing.
Please adhere to signage around the Park which follows the wider BCP Council approach to ‘keep left’ and to ‘keep your distance’ from visitors outside your household and bubble.
Some of the latest measures we have implemented include:
- A one way system and markers for social distance queuing at our toilets in the main Car Park
- Card payments only – we’re now cashless across the whole Estate.
- A new ‘Pod in the Park’ mobile catering area near the Tea Rooms offering simple refreshments between 11am – 4pm each day (weather conditions may lead to early closure)
- Re-launched Car Park season tickets; an annual pass costs just £40 a year (full details here)
- A one way system for the shoreline boardwalk
- Cyclists must dismount in the ‘Heart of Upton’ where we continue to landscape the area around the Tea Room and Education Centre
- Opened up some of the new meadows near the shoreline to allow more space to explore (the last section will open later in the year)
- Moved benches across the back lawn which were previously alongside pathways – this is to allow for social distancing
The following areas and facilities remain closed for now:
- Tea Rooms and Gallery
- Toilet facilities in the Courtyard
- Spurrier’s Play Park
- The Walled Garden, Splash Fountain and Borders – please note when these do re-open there will be one way systems in operation
- Upton House remains closed until at least 1st September
Please act responsibly:
Sadly we are experiencing more anti-social behaviour than normal, and wish to stress
- No BBQ’s or Gas Stoves
- No Gazebos
- Pick up dog waste and take home with you if bins are full
- Do not exceed 5mph on bikes and dismount in the formal gardens and around the Tea Rooms
- Take your litter home with you if bins are full
As the Park gradually re-opens we ask you to be patient with team members – it is particularly important at the Pod in the Park which has a one way queue, please follow signage and where possible limit to one person per household to pay for refreshments.
Further updates will be provided here and on our Facebook page. We thank you for your understanding